- We encourage the submission of international film or video entries, but all entries must be in English or have English dubbing or subtitles.
- All entries must be available for screening during the festival. We welcome Feature Films and Short Films.
- You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Fees are not refundable.
- We accept online submissions.
Please submit films using Filmfreeway.
- If your film is chosen to show at the Seadance Film Festival, you must send a full quality DCP file/35mm print no later than 2 weeks prior to the festival screening.
If no DCP file/35mm print is sent, the submission download will be screened.
- Acceptable ratios: 1:1,37; 1:1,66; 1.1,85; CinemaScope
- Acceptable sound: Dolby A/SR/SR.D/DTS
- All films should have been completed within 2014-2016.
- All awards are based on the overall merit of the entry. Decisions by the judges are final.
- Finalists will be notified on or around 1st of August, if their entry will be screened at the 2016 Seadance Film Festival and considered with the other finalists for the top awards.
- Festival does not deal with any copyright issues. All copyright issues should be resolved by the film authors.
- Filmmakers and screenwriters retain 100% all of the rights to their projects and materials that they submit to the Seadance Film Festival.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our officers, affiliates, employees, and partners from any and all claims and liability arising out of entering or transmitting your film to the Seadance Film Festival.
- Filmmakers are not paid for screening at the Festival and Seadance Film Festival does not provide submission fee waivers
- At least one representative of the team should be present at the award ceremony.